Thursday, February 3, 2011

"EVERYONE'S WATCHING TO SEE WHAT YOU WILL DO, EVERYONE'S LOOKIN' AT YOU!"

Todd Fast of Technorati.com was up in arms about his blog post being “watched”! Doesn’t he want viewers? This was a different type of page view.  He mentioned in a January 30th article that he was unable to revise his “explicit” document about Lady Gaga. From what I read, his article didn’t seem to be pushing limits that have already been tipped over. Fast noticed after positing that there had been a hold placed on his Wordpress blog page. The independent writer fought back in frustrations, saying “I thought this was America.” No Todd Fast, this is America in the digital age. We are used to not being censored, and heaven forbid we come across a trusted site that does censor its user content. I don’t have anything against Lady Gaga, etc. but I’m glad that there is still some sense of an editor in the crazy world of “write-what-you-will” social media. It keeps the world moving a bit slower in my book, which can be nice every once and a while.

www.gaganews.com

I don’t think it was fair of Wordpress to disengage Mr. Fast from his own writings, especially after saying “…Wordpress is limited only by your imagination” in its offered features. But I like the fact that companies such as Wordpress haven’t neglected surveillance. I think it’s still needed. It’s a bit daunting to think everyone is a news reporter now-a-days. We get up to the second tweets, live streaming web videos and grossly opinionated blogs on mundane topics (some of you might be thinking Like this one?); my suggestion? Take a break from 24/7 media and pick up a newspaper where an Editor still has a job. Kick it old school!

No comments:

Post a Comment